- Emergency Contact List. Guys, seriously. Write down the names and numbers of the people who can help you if you are hurt or lost. You should place it in your phone or pda, and in your backpack, wallet, or person at all times. You never know what can happen, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- A camera. Whether you’re packing a DSLR or a handheld, make sure to capture the scenes that inspire you the most, even if they make absolutely no sense to anyone on Facebook. Images you save on your hard drive or in a box or hang in the form of a collage on your wall will continue to inspire you and motivate you throughout the years. If you need film for your camera you can find some here from $5.95 or browse camera accessories, batteries, and lenses at up to 60% off so you can optimize the memories you keep.
- A backpack or purse to carry your stuff in during day. So many people forget to bring backpacks with them, and instead just pack luggage and never remember that when they’re moving around the last thing they want to do is go back to the hotel or campsite to pick up their camera, water bottles, pbnj sandwiches, laptop, or make-up. You can find really stylish totes and purses through here.
- Common toiletries and basic need things are the most frequently forgotten items. One thing I constantly forget are contact lens cases. I have even brought my contact solution and forgotten the case. If you’re going to a hotel, things like shampoo and toilet paper are usually covered but very rarely are razors, deodorant, aspirin, lip balm, toothbrushes, sunscreen, and tampons. You can find all of these things for much cheaper online (literally any product you use can be cheaper) or through membership stores such as Costco or BJs.
- Insect repellent is just as important as bringing your debit card or tampons. The truth is that no place you’re going to is going to advertise their booming mosquito population. It doesn’t matter where you go, it could be Washington State or China, you will still need insect repellent. You can find insect repellent at most pharmacy stores but in case you’re going somewhere completely foreign then you should buy it at home or order it online.
- Documents. I can’t emphasize on this one enough. Although it’s obnoxious how this works, but if you don’t have this on you at all times and if you don’t make copies of your passport, driver’s license, green card, emergency contact list, copies of credit cards, copies of plane tickets, copies of hotel reservations, and so forth then you can put a serious damper on your vacation.
- Personal entertainment. Whether you like to admit it or not, sometimes a few hours of your vacation or road trip can be very boring or obnoxious. If you need to zone out and like to read, you can find all sorts of books for 70% off here. Let’s say you don’t want to read and you’re on the airplane with crying babies and drunk dads, you can find discounted noise cancelling headphones here and relax or jam out until you land at LAX or whatever awesome place you’re going to.
6 months ago | This post has 110 notes